Stila In The Light Palette

Ladies (and gents) , first things first, you need this palette in your life. I was having a quick perusal in Mecca the other day and stopped to look at the Stila counter. After a couple of swatches of this palette I knew I had to have it. It does have some similarities to Urban Decay's Naked Palette which has 12 shades compared to 10 shades in the Stila In the Light palette. I must say, I think this palette may be even better than the Naked Palette. It's a bold opinion, I've said it, it's out there now and there is no turning back now! Haha. All shades, but more so the shimmery shades are extremely pigmented more so than the shades in the Naked Palette. Im a sucker for neutral shades which is why I was immediately drawn to this palette. A definite positive to this palette is that it has 4 matte shades including Bare, a soft white/beige shade that is perfect for a brow bone highlight (which is lacking in the naked palette). I love that it has two shades of brown, a soft pale brown and a darker more intense brown and a matte black. I've never actually worn the black shade from the Naked Palette as i find it is too shimmery for me. Bubbly, Kitten and Sunset are absolutely beautiful, words can not describe how in love with them I am. Kitten is just perfect for an inner corner/ tear duct highlight! This is my first Stila purchase and as you probably know by now I am in love with it, so it is fair to say that I will be buying more of this brand in the future or maybe some of their other palettes. Keep reading for some comparisons of the Stila Palette vs Urban Decay's Naked palette.


Stila in the light palette

Stila in the light palette

Stila in the light palette

Stila in the light palette eye makeup

(In this photo I used Bare as a brow highlight, Kitten in the inner corner, Bubbly on the lid and Sunset in the outer corner/crease.)


Stila in the light palette swatches


Stila in the light palette swatches


Stila In the Light Palette vs Urban Decay's Naked Palette:


Stila Night Sky Urban Decay Gunmetal

Night Sky from the Stila Palette has a slightly more blue/purple undertone compared to Gunmetal for the Naked Palette which is more of a true silver. Both are extremely gorgeous colours that are perfect for a smokey eye. 


Stila Bubbly Urban Decay Half Baked

What can I say I love these shades equally! I have actually hit pan on Half Baked which is more of a gold shade compared to Bubbly which is more of a champagne colour with a subtle bronze glow.

Stila Kitten Urban Decay Sin

Sin from the Naked Palette has a more pink undertone compared to Kitten in the Stila Palette which is more of a champagne shade.


P.S the Stila Palette came with a little lookbook of different eye looks you can create with the palette and a free eyeliner which is not to shabby! 

I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone and everyone. 


Morgan xx



No comments:

Post a Comment